Handheld Group has launched the new Nautiz X2 enterprise handheld, which integrates a high-quality scanner, camera and mobile phone.
The rugged Nautiz X2, available now, can be used in challenging outdoor environments with moisture, dust, extreme temperatures and potential drops, the company says.
The Nautiz X2 features include:
- Computing power from a quad-core processor and Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
- High-quality, high-speed scanners with 1D or 2D capability.
- An integrated camera with8-megapixel clarity, autofocus and flash.
- 4G/LTE Android phone functionality.
- Google GMS, which gives users access to Google Maps and Play Store apps.
- A sunlight-readable, 4.7-inch capacitive display with multi-touch sensitivity.
“The challenge in designing market-leading devices in a given product category is to balance key factors like technology, design, materials and general usability as well as keeping the cost in mind,” says Johan Hed, Handheld Group director of product management. “The brilliance of the Nautiz X2 is that it has that tangible in-the-hand sense of form and fit of a high-end technology device, and we are still able to offer it at an impressive value.”
The Nautiz X2 measures 150 millimeters by 73.5 millimeters, is 16 millimeters deep at the keyboard and weighs 230 grams.
It has an IP65 ingress protection rating against dust, sand and water immersion, the company says. The handleld also meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military test standards for overall durability and resistance to humidity, shock, vibrations, drop, salt and extreme temperatures, and the touchscreen is made of Gorilla Glass for durability.